Warning: htmlentities() [function.htmlentities]: charset `UTF-7' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /home/greenco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/podpress/podpress_class.php on line 1214

November surprise

We’re trying our hands at podcasting! It’s short because I wasn’t sure how long it would take to edit and post, but now I think we’ve got it under control. Let us know how it works!

Here’s our tagging by Greeen Sheep, as mentioned in the podcast.

November 22, 2008 @ 3:53 pm

Did you really have a southern accent when you were a kid? Wow, I guess that’s an indication of how little I paid attention to anything. I think I sound southern when I’m sleepy (y’know, being vocally lazy), but I pretty much dodged that bullet, too.

There’s an article in Newsweek this week about urban chicken farming, it made me think of you guys 🙂

Also, when I noticed that Wall*E had a digital edition, I started wondering about the possibility of producing films solely in that format. Have you guys had any thoughts on the material savings vs. the potential economic consequences of paring down production needs?

Jim Bowman said,

November 22, 2008 @ 10:28 pm

I really love your blog. The podcast sounded pretty good up here in Northern Ohio, or as I call it, the armpit of Ohio 🙂 I was quite impressed with Maggies love for cheese, I had no idea. On a side note Jenna is always asking me if I cut the cheese? Seriously, I really love the blog, it is partially why I bought our reel push mower for our lawn. Stay Green!

Gini said,

November 23, 2008 @ 12:28 am

I don’t remember the southern accent either. Maybe I was too busy with a 6, 4 and 1 year old to notice.

November 23, 2008 @ 5:53 am

Then again, I do remember “wheeeeeel”…

November 23, 2008 @ 12:12 pm

Linnea: Yeah, “wheeeeeel” is what I was thinking of. I know it wasn’t me, but my favorite Southern accent story is the “whale water” one.

Studio filming is moveing all-digital. There’s a company out there called RED that’s producing cheap (ish) HD cameras. Before them, you had to rent HD cameras for lots, which made them unattractive. That’s great for studio filming, but they don’t work well on-location yet. They produce so much data (terabytes at a time) that you have to have a pretty serious setup just to record it. It’s not like film where you can just carry around extra reels.

Thanks, Jim! You’ll have to let us know how that reel mower works out! I have memories (I can’t say fond) of using a reel mower as a kid, but I think they’re a little nicer now.

November 24, 2008 @ 7:10 pm

And Jessica tagged us too! Since Maggie gave 7 things and I gave 7 things, I think we’re covered for both taggings. I don’t know what we’ll do if someone else tags us!

greeen sheeep said,

November 24, 2008 @ 8:59 pm

Hey guys,

The podcast sounded good to me. I love the way you handled the meme! Very clever. Thanks for participating.

Don’t worry about blogging too much, enjoy yourselves as a married couple first. Have fun!

stay’n green,
    greeen sheeep

Karen said,

November 24, 2008 @ 10:02 pm

that was great! it was very nice to hear your voices and your blog “come to life.” reminded me of some kind of NPR skit … funny huh. please do again!