Time for a Sabbatical

Maggie contemplates a waterfallAfter much deliberation, Will and I have decided to take a sabbatical from blogging during the month of October.  Between the wedding and all that other stuff that has to get done even though we’re working on the wedding, we feel it would be best to take a break and recharge our greencouple engines.  We also want to spend a little time planning for our married blogger future.  I am interested in cutting back on the number of posts we do in an effort to improve the quality.  Will has a vision of creating little “how-to” guides on various topics for anyone who wants to take some of our ideas and implement them at home.  (We’ve been doing some of that already but have dreams of making it a little more formal and perhaps eventually crafting a book or guide.  Maybe cash in for mega-bucks?)

There’s a chance we’ll pop in for a post or two over the next month if we just can’t hold in our excitement (I just built a cardboard-and-tinfoil solar oven and I’m really eager to try it out!) but we won’t be back officially until November 3rd.  Send us happy wedding thoughts and remember to come back and see us right after you switch your clocks in accordance with daylight savings time….

Lori said,

September 30, 2008 @ 9:38 am

Enjoy your sabbatical and have a wonderful wedding!

Bugs and Brooms said,

October 1, 2008 @ 12:40 pm

Good for you both! When is the wedding? I know this month but not sure on the date. You have picked a perfect time of year for a wedding – the fall is so beautiful!

Anyway, enjoy the break and have a wonderful wedding!

October 6, 2008 @ 2:39 am

Thanks, both of you!

It’s in just two weeks (the 18th). I just hope the weather is as good then as it was this weekend!

Bugs and Brooms said,

October 7, 2008 @ 9:01 am

We will be on vacation that weekend (leaving on the 16th and back on the 26th – our first vacation as a family) in Charleston, SC with some visits with family on the way down and back. But, I will be thinking about the two of you and hoping for beautiful weather! Either way – it will be a wonderful day! Keep us posted on the wedding and enjoy this very special (and hectic) time!

Student Doctor Green said,

November 2, 2008 @ 8:49 pm

It’s November already, where are you married folk and your entertaining posts? You’ve been away long enough! 😉

cinco said,

November 3, 2008 @ 5:21 pm

October’s over! Come back, I miss your blog! <3

November 3, 2008 @ 6:11 pm

I just posted! We’re back, I promise! :)